Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How do I install a wireless Printer hpofficejet4500 wireless
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  Choose the "Full Feature" software appropriate for your operating system.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
HP Recommended

On the front of the printer:

1. Press the Setup button.

2. Press an arrow button to move to Wireless Menu, and then press OK.

3. Press an arrow button to move to Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Now your printer is connected to your wireless network.  Now, make sure that there is no USB cable connected to the printer, then download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

When you start the software it will ask you what type of connection you want - choose "Wireless" or "Network" (I am not sure which word it will use).  Follow the instructions, then you should be good!

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

this printer is the most difficult and secretive printer I've ever had to install.  After 6 months and many hours of frustration finally got it to install fully on my Toshiba laptop.  Took a few hours off, and went back at it to learn the secret of wireless install.  Nothing in the manual, nothing on the CD, which is a total waste of material.  After hours and hours of searching the web, and changing my search terms, I find the solution is as simple as the setup on the front of the printer.....gheeeshe....if I had read all the reviews before purchasing, I would have never purchased it.  Shame on you HP for totally dropping the ball on this printer.

Thank YOU PrintDoc for such a simple, totally clear answer. 

HP Recommended

just changed from comcast to att uverse, new wireless network, now printer wont connect to network

what do I do...btw there is NO 'setup' button on tfront of printer

HP Recommended

The setup button is on the far right and has a wrench icon on it.

If your Uverse router is a 2-wire, this may be handy: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03112838

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi I have a HP Officejet 4500 wireless, How do I install it with my Comasst's Xfinity wireless rounter?

HP Recommended

Onthe front of the printer: Setup > Network > Wireless Setup WIzard.  Run the wizard to connect the printer to your network.

Once you have finished with that, download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

II tried these instructions below but I cannot find Wireless Menu.  Thanks.

On the front of the printer:

1. Press the Setup button.

2. Press an arrow button to move to Wireless Menu, and then press OK.

3. Press an arrow button to move to Setup Wizard, and then press OK.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

HP Recommended

If you do not see the wireless menu, then you probably do not have a wireless version of the 4500.  What is the sub-model number (like G510g)?  If it is NOT G510n, you do not have wireless.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

G510 is what I see on the manual and disc. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.