Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.  Choose the "Full Feature" software appropriate for your operating system.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

It works now.

Thank you for your support!

HP Recommended

The following method resolved my "fatal installation error" issue:

Right click on the installation package and select "Run as Administrator".

HP Recommended

I do not have a letter following my numbers on my printer. I am a visual person, so please show pictures. On my printer, under my set up button, I am seeing "network conf" ---> then IP settings---> automantic or manual. I need help geeting it on the network and USB. I didn't get a USB cord with mines or are you referring to the telephone wire? Please help. 

HP Recommended

You do have letters following numbers on your printer, its just not on the front of the printer.  Look on the label that contains the printer's serial number (on the back or bottom of the printer).  There will be the complete model number.

My guess is that if you do not have Wireless Setup in the Setup > Network menu, then you do not have a wireless model.

However, you can still use the printer as a network printer.  SImply plug it into your wireless router with an Ethernet cable.  Your computers will be able to print to it even if they are connected wirelessly.

Once you plug the printer in, get back to me and let me know what operating systems are on your computers.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

i need to install and hp officejet 4500 wireless to my desktop

HP Recommended

This should help: www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Running the wireless set up I enter the WPA, but it keeps returning an invalid. I notice in the blank screen to enter the WPA the first field is skipped. I try to arrow back but it takes me back to the previous menue (WPA?). Could this be the issue? I am certain my passkey is correct when entered.

HP Recommended

What router?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

It's a Belkin N600 D8 (I'll never use all the functions of that thing). I forgot that I had the 4500 working on a linksys WRT54G last year, but it was casualty in a recent move, RIP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.