Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Look on the back or bottom of the printer.  The G510 should have a letter following it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I had this installed at work and it worked wireless.  Brought it home and installed, but it doesn't work.  Says it is connected to network, but laptop says printer is "offline".

HP Recommended

Download and run this utility:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Says printer is connected to network.  Printer says it is connected to net work.  But when I open up a document to print, it says it is off-line,

(HP Office Jet 4500 G510n-z)

HP Solution Center even says printer is off-line.

"job failed to print due to an error in the printing system".

HP Recommended

OK, uninstall the HP software using the uninstaller in the HP folder.

Restart your PC.

Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hello, the printer have NO setup button.

It would be easy if you, as an HP employee, upload a print screen of the printer (the exactly model and not a generic one) instead of just replying people.

Also consider that more than one didn'f fuond any setup button... so probably there's a problem, no?

Now i understand why people complain so much about HP....

HP Recommended

OK, item # 8 in the manual is the setup button:

Screen Shot 2012-08-19 at 4.17.35 PM.jpg

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

This is my printer pic:

images.jpg 

I cannot configure the printer wifi because i cannot find it into my network.

Also i cannot find how to manage the printer settings for my network and the software Sacn Doctor can't find the printer either.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Oh, you have a Photosmart or PSC 4500 - different beast.

You need to use the HP software to connect your printer to your wireless network.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Yes the model is C4580.

Which software i need to connect it via wifi and where can i dowload it?

Thank you

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.