HP Support Agent
18,387 18,295 1,048 1,151
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How-To-Set Officejet Pro 7740 to 300DPI

@Vikash_NL

Welcome to HP support community.

Change the scan settings with HP Printer Assistant.

1. Load the item on the scanner glass, in the document feeder slot, or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features.

NOTE: 

Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. Search Windows for your printer model, then click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

3. Click Scan, then click Scan a Document or Photo.

HP Scan opens.

4. Click one of the shortcuts that matches the file type and resulting action you want.

5. Change any of the shortcut default settings in the right side of the window, if necessary.

6. Select Show scan preview or Show Viewer After Scan to preview and make additional edits to the scan before saving it.

7. Click Advanced Settings or More to change resolution to 300dpi.

8. Click Scan.

The printer scans the item, then a preview of the scan displays in HP Scan.

9. If necessary, double-click the thumbnail image of the scanned item, then change any additional settings.

10. Click Save.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation