Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart Plus B 209

Windows Vista 64-bit

SSID has not been found  (I put it in manually)

I select the printer and then it says "Selected Printer is not present, connect the printer & retry) 

I repeatedly get the same message.

But my printer will work hooked up to the USB.

My old router ( Netgear) quit so I bought a new one.  Everything worked fine before.  Installed the new one and my computer ( HP Laptop) worked fine, went to use the printer...finally uninstalled it and installed it, but would never go farthur than the above.  I don't know what to try anymore except that I printed the Wireless Network Test Report and it tells me the Printer cannot find the wireless router.  I noticed that the SSID had the old name.   Also printed the HP Network Configuration Page and see that it found l network, which is the new one.  So where do I go to be able to change the printer SSID?  I cannot find where I can change it.

Thanks,

c70

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the link below to troubleshoot on the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02731427

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please select Setup Menu > Network Menu > Restore network defaults > Yes. Restor the printer to network defaults and then try installing printer wireless.

HP Recommended
OK, I did that, Thanks. But it still tells me the SSID cannot be found. I ran a Wireless Network Test Report and it is telling me it cannot find the SSID. In the Report instead of my old SSID name which was in there before, now it says hpsetup. I was reading the ideas in the help and it is talkiing about the passphrase. My router does have a passphrase, but how do I get that information to the printer? I sure am having a time ... what am I doing wrong?
HP Recommended

Hi,

The printer is set to factory defaults now. To install the printer on wireless network, please follow the steps mentioned in the document below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02282624

HP Recommended

Again, Thank You!  I did do what you suggested and made it part of the way.  My printer now shows up as a B209a-mTMPOO.  Why the added TMPOO I am not sure, but now when I run the reports off the printer my SSID is showing and is right, it says wireless is on & working, etc.  I see nothing wrong...BUT when I try to finish installing the wireless on the computer it says it cannot find the printer...I have tried so many times...and it keeps coming back to the same error message and then of course when I exit it uninstalls what it had for the wireless so I am back to the USB.  Frustrating to say the least.  Sorry to be such a pain.

c70

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the link below to troubleshoot on the issue.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02731427

HP Recommended

A VERY BIG THANK YOU as I now have a working wireless printer. I ended up uninstalling the printer again and installed it from the site you gave me.   It took me a while to get everything done as I should, but it worked and I am very happy!!

Many Kudoo's to you!

c70

HP Recommended

Hi c70,

Awesome, good to know the issue has been solved, if any assistance required do post again.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart 5510 5111a

Unable to set up printer.Unable to download or install HP software with the CD.Wireless network SSID was found with some difficulty using Wizard set up.But network changed from dlink to dlinkea05;which disabled my MacBrook Pro computer from the internet.Tried to join dlinkea05 but do not have the WPA2 password.My other computer (Samsung 35) using Windows XP was not affected,can still connect to the internet.Installing the software came to a stop when HP wanted to change things and asked for my APPLE ID,this was rejected,so I had to quit.Now I cannot use my HP Photosmart 5510 5111a printer or connect to the internet with my MacBook Pro Computer,both being disabled.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry am a Windows guy but let me try my best to help you find WPA password. To know more can you please provide details:

1) The name of router

2) IP address of printer and computer connected (Windows XP). IP address on printer can be found by Wireless Menu > Print Wireless Test report. IP address on computer can be found be Start > Run > Type cmd > in black box type ipconfig > Press Enter > Search for IPv4 address

3) Make note of IPv4 and Default gateway address.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.