Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to know how to reset the EWS on my HP Officejet Pro 9010.

I have set a password, but I can't login with the credentials i have set. Now all settings are locked.

Some assistance would be very grateful.

kind regards

Jerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Jerry123Atmos

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @Jerry123Atmos

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the reset steps, specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Jerry, I've trying to setup scan to email in EWS using my Yahoo account without success. When I checked out the Settings tab I decided to create a password in the Security. When I attempted to open the Scan tab I was asked to login thru Windows Edge identifying the request from server 192.168.0.33 which is associated with my printer. I'm not clear what User ID and password it is asking for. I would like to reverse the decision to set a password or reset it but know what User ID and password is being requested.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello chuckles05,

When setting up scan2mail outside an office environment (no company smtp server and/or active directory) you rely on the settings from your mailprovider, in your case Yahoo.

Searching and asking your best friend "Google" will bring up the answers you need to set in the scan2mail tab .

Yahoo seems to use:

Hello chuckles05,

When setting up scan2mail outside an office environment (no company smtp server and/or active directory) you rely on the settings from your mailprovider, in your case Yahoo.

Searching and asking your best friend "Google" will bring up the answers you need to set in the scan2mail tab .

Yahoo seems to use:

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465 or 587
  • Requires SSL - Yes
  • Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
  • Requires authentication - Yes

As for the login part, you need to use your main yahoo-account to be able to authenticate

• Email address - Your full email address (name@domain.com.)
  • Password - Your account's password.
  • Requires authentication - Yes

Setting an admin password for EWS is only relevant for securing EWS. 

The above is also when you use only one smtp  server-setting.

If you decide to use the printer with more then one user, you should define profiles for outgoing mail per user. In that part you must denfine some sort of password and you need to add a certificate in some cases to be able to authenticate, so the user needs to authenticate on the touchpanel when sending a scan to mail.

Be aware that scans take a while to arrive and when they do, they mostly end up in the spam folder. The mail format is in mime 1.0

Hope this helps you in getting scan2mail to work.

kind regards,

Jerry

HP Recommended

Good morning Jerry,

Thank you for responding so rapidly! At this point I can't access the EWS app unless I can provide the user name and password. The message states: Windows Security>Microsoft Edge>The server  192.168.0.33 is asking for your user name and password.>That server also reports: "admin". >User Name>Password. I have tried my Yahoo ID and password to no avail.

Once I can access EWS I can let you know what the issue was after filling out the setting's form for scanning to email. I did have it filled out correctly and when I attempted to test an email it responded with an authentication error and was requesting that CA be installed. I requested one but don't know what has happened to the request and whether or not I should install it. 

But unlocking EWS is the first thing I need to accomplish.

Thank you Jerry.

HP Recommended

Okay, you seem to be struggling with the same issues I had.

Try The old IE browser or use google Chrome browser. The Username for EWS is Admin.

If you can’t access EWS through the web with the password you set, the only thing to do is to hard reset through the touch panel on the printer or contact HP SUPPORT with a support request. If I can recall it is somewhere in the settings part where I reset my printer.

I also disabled the auto update feature after I was able to reset. From there I set EWS all over. As for the CA part, that is Needed. I don’t know if Yahoo can profide you the certificate. I solved this by using my webmail certificate from my ISP.

anyhow, if you can authenticate the testsetting, Your mail Will be delivered with a delay in your spam folder.

Give it a try, let me know how it went for you.

kind regards

Jerry

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same issue, I tried to set a password for the EWS and then it locked me out and wont accept the password or a blank password. Can you please send me the specific instruction to fix this?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi @sliffy

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

We will have to perform a factory reset on the printer to resolve this issue.

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

please also send me the same answer.

HP Recommended

@Ackerly683

I have sent you the steps in the private message, kindly check the same.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.