Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I, I got this new HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer.  While going through the setup, it tells me that I'm on a 5G network (which is correct) but tells me this printer only works on a 2.4G network so I need to change that before I can proceed.  I can't find where to do that.  Or are there any software updates?  drivers?  that help me get around this?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

This is more of a Modem/Router (R/M) issue in my view.

EG:  My ISP provides a R/M that has BOTH 2.4 and 5.0 GHz WiFi bands.

WiFi band.png

However I cannot offer any real help as I do not know enough about your circumstances.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Your printer supports 2,4G only, you will not be able to connect it to 5G, no update can help.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi

This is more of a Modem/Router (R/M) issue in my view.

EG:  My ISP provides a R/M that has BOTH 2.4 and 5.0 GHz WiFi bands.

WiFi band.png

However I cannot offer any real help as I do not know enough about your circumstances.

HP Recommended

This is exactly what it turned out to be.  Went thru Setup again this time choosing the 2.4 GHz network and all went well.  Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.