cancel
RevKM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I change to a 2.4G network connection in the printer setup when I'm on a 5G network?

HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I, I got this new HP DeskJet 3755 All-in-One Printer.  While going through the setup, it tells me that I'm on a 5G network (which is correct) but tells me this printer only works on a 2.4G network so I need to change that before I can proceed.  I can't find where to do that.  Or are there any software updates?  drivers?  that help me get around this?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,254 2,247 257 317
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How do I change to a 2.4G network connection in the printer setup when I'm on a 5G network?

Your printer supports 2,4G only, you will not be able to connect it to 5G, no update can help.

View my profile on LinkedIn
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,266 3,102 129 272
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi

This is more of a Modem/Router (R/M) issue in my view.

EG:  My ISP provides a R/M that has BOTH 2.4 and 5.0 GHz WiFi bands.

WiFi band.png

However I cannot offer any real help as I do not know enough about your circumstances.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
RevKM Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

This is exactly what it turned out to be.  Went thru Setup again this time choosing the 2.4 GHz network and all went well.  Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
3,266 3,102 129 272
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Prego.

Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn.

Lil_Boy_Blue
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation