Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5640
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

How do I disable HP Wifi direct on my Envy 5640.  We don't need it, are having some Wi-Fi issues and it keeps coming up as a Wi-Fi Network.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@KerryF

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

Follow this link to access the EWS page of the printer.

Once done, goto network tab, then Wifi direct set-up and make sure it is "off".

Let me know if it worked out. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

e

HP Recommended

@KerryF,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Try the steps given below:

In your case, make sure it is off. 🙂

Let me know if it worked out. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.  Finally got this to work but had to get one of my kids to do it as your website is not great used with screen reading software.  Thanks.b

HP Recommended

@KerryF,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad your kid's helped you to get it fixed. Is it the instructions which I gave in my last post, fixed it?

If yes, to simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.