Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Photosmart B210e printer, set up on wireless. The printer was working absolutely fine until.... the screen asked if I wished to update latest software, I pushed "yes", and then the message appeared --"Incompatible Printhead: The printhead installed is not intended for use in the printer"

I have turned the printer on & off, I have unplugged it, I have taken the printhead out & cleaned it.  I have rebooted the computer, I have unplugged the router & cable box and restarted them ... all to no avail. 

Please help me get my "update" off the printer and go back to printing like it was before. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

VTDogNurse,

After removing the cartridges and printhead, cleaning the copper contacts on the carriage, printhead, and ink cartridges then installing the printhead and ink cartridges, and resetting the printer we can see if this printhead has gone bad by replacing it with a spare.

To be sure, is the message appearing on the computer or the printer for the printhead or the cartridges?

Click here to see and use the Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads.  There are many ways to contact HP.  A good number to call is 1-800-474-6836.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
HP Recommended

Hi Kenneth,

To answer your question:

"To be sure, is the message appearing on the computer or the printer for the printhead or the cartridges?"

The message appears on the screen of the printer.  I cannot get that message off the screen either; it won't let me back to a 'home' or menu place at all. 

I guess I am a little confused about the printhead not being compatible after I did the software update; I had printed something before then and all was working well.  Is the new software just not recognizing the printhead as a valid one?

Thanks so much,

Ami

HP Recommended

The new software update itself shouldn't cause the printhead to become incompatible with the printer.

With the message coming up on the printer, see the solutions in this document here to be sure we haven't missed anything.

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
HP Recommended

You can shove your KUDOS Kenneth, what a useless answer!
Which goes with the useless printer.

Mine also had no change, prihthead is original, and suddenly it is incompatible.

If you had any sense you would realise this is a problem with your printer or software,

and not a matter of buying a SPARE printhead to test it.

Good way to sell more useless products eh?

Such a crappy printer, 60 euro to buy but the ink cartridges cost twice that, and then it stops working after printing a few dozen pages. Shame on you.

HP Recommended

I have almoste the exact same problem. I installed new original HP cartridges in my printer and printed 4 test documents te be sure everything was working ok. All 4 documents printed without any problem.

I turned off my printer, moved it to another room, connected it and turned it on again and then I got the message of incompatible print head on the printer itself (in my case hp photosmart b110).

It is impossible to return to a menu inside the printer, and impossible to fix. So my printer is now useless.

I have restarted the printer several times, I have disconnected the power for more than 30 seconds, I have cleand the printhead, and contacts very carefully several times as it is described in the hp support how its supposed to be done.

But nothing helps to remove this error.

HP, Please tell me exactly how it comes that a perfectly fine working printhead is suddenly supposedly incompatible merely by moving the printer to another room. Do not under any circomstance tell me to clean or replace the printerhead.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.