Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cookie1957
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get my HP laptop to print 4 x 6 inch labels?

I have an HP Laptop-H0IVPF19.  I need to print labels from Avery that are on a 4 x 6 inch paper.  When I go to the print screen, and select the 4 x 6 inch paper size, the screen showing the printing job does not change from letter size and my Epson EcoTank printer prints as if the page was a letter size page.  My old laptop does not have this problem, but my new one does.  How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
23,815 23,596 2,044 7,473
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I get my HP laptop to print 4 x 6 inch labels?

@Cookie1957 

Your computer does  not care which size paper you are using to print to your Epson printer.

Your printer software likely does care - the printer software is in charge of the setup used to send a job to the printer.

I do not have an Epson printer  - I would guess the printer software has settings "Preferences"  or Properties, or "some name" of the printer dialog that you must access and change the paper size before you submit the job to the printer.

Start at the Epson Support Site

Select your printer model, look for support options, perhaps the printer manual, "something" to get you to the point where you can learn to choose the print options on the print software.

If all fails, if you are using Avery Design and Print software on your computer, export the job to a PDF file and print that.  You still need to set up the paper size but perhaps the PDF print menu is more familiar to you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation