01-21-2020 02:34 PM
when I want to print a picture I can but when I ask a websites option to print it will not. So even when I tried to set my printer as default printer; the printer will not show up at all. So it is like the printer does not exist at times. Maybe there is another way to print; like on my bank site there is a print transactions button but nothing happens. So when I look in the printers quede section there is nothing in there like I never even pushed the print button. Help, Thanks
01-24-2020 02:42 AM
@easygoing777, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This could be an issue with the installed drivers or print driver settings. Let us try to isolate the issue and further resolve it-
Ensure your driver settings are correct. Refer to the document HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows) for help.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printing or scanning issues.
For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor
Update the printer firmware
Download available firmware updates from the HP website
With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver and root level and retry, follow the steps below:
1) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2) Select your HP Printer
3) Select Uninstall
4) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
6) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
7) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe”
😎 Click on the “Drivers” tab
9) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10) Select Ok
11) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12) Close Devices and Printers.
Use this link to download and install the new driver. Configure the printer and try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
I am an HP Employee