Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7800
macOS 10.15 Catalina

How do I print 3X5 cards with an HP Envy Photo 7800?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jim96444, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Before you print, load photo paper or cards into the input tray.

1. Open the input tray door, then pull it toward you to extend the paper tray.

Figure : Opening the input tray

Image: Opening the input tray.
  2. Slide the paper width guides to their outermost position.

Figure : Adjusting the paper width guides

Image: Adjusting the paper width guides.
  3. Load the photo paper or card into the paper tray with the short edge forward and the print side down.

Figure : Loading the paper or card print side down

Image: Loading the paper or card print side down.
  4. Make sure to align the paper or card with the appropriate paper size lines on the bottom of the input tray.

Do not load more than 10 cards/photos or exceed the maximum stack height.

5. Slide in the paper width guides until they rest against the stack.

Do not push the guides in so tightly that they bind against the paper or cards.

Figure : Sliding in the paper width guides

Image: Sliding in the paper width guides.
  6. Close the input tray.

Figure : Close the input tray

Image: Close the input tray.

Once the cards are loaded, adjust the paper settings on the printer and also the application that you're trying to print from. Refer to the document HP Printers - Print Settings Guide (Mac)  for help.

Try printing.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately, the paper width guides on the photo tray don't adjust for 3X5 cards.  They won't adjust to 3 inches.  Any solution?

HP Recommended

@Jim96444

Thanks for replying!

Can you try using the main tray instead?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the main tray but still won't adjust narrow enough for 3X5 cards.

HP Recommended

@Jim96444

Refer to the product specifications document for the paper-handling specifications- Product Specifications for the HP ENVY Photo 7800 All-in-One Printer

Looks like the printer does not support 3x5 as the minimum requirement is 3.85x5 in

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.