Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Checked in the printer settings and there is no card sizes for the Avery Clip Style Name Badges. 74466.  The card paper is number 74651 and max width is 4 1/4 inches X 10 1/2 long.  The card paper has 4 name tags per sheet..

Anderge47

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Anderge47

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print the Avery Name card size in the print settings. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Create a Custom Paper Sizes

1. Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

2. Click the icon for your printer, and then click Print server properties.

Figure : Location of Print server properties

3.  Location of Print server properties

4. NOTE:If Print server properties does not display, right-click an empty area in the Printers window, select Run as administrator from the drop-down menu, and then select Server Properties.

5. If the User Account Control window displays, click Continue.

6. On the Forms tab, select the Create a new form check box, and then type a name for the new paper size in Form name.

7. Select Metric or English, and then type the dimensions of your custom paper in the Width and Height text boxes.

8. Click Save Form, and then click OK or Close.

Select the new custom paper size

1. Load the custom-size paper into the paper input tray.

2. Open the item you want to print.

3. Click File, and then click Print.

4. In the Print window, click Preferences, Properties, or Printer Properties.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

• If Paper Size displays, select the new custom paper size in the Paper Size drop-down menu.

• If Paper Size does not display, click Advanced, and then select the new custom paper size in the Paper Size drop-down menu.

​​​​​​   Figure : Paper Size with the new custom paper size selected

•  Paper Size with the new custom paper size selected

Click OK to close the Properties dialog box, and then click OK or Print to print the document.

Click here and refer the HP Document to perform the above steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for th reply.. Yes that would work for my HP 1005 as the "Custom Size" shows there but it is B/W printer.  My colour printer is a HP Offciejet Pro 8600 and when accessing the paper size, there is NO "Custom Size" visiable.  Can a Custom option be set up...?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.