Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have printed several hundred photo images from PhotoShop on #6 Collector Envelopes.  I can load the envelopes on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 but the machine will not let me print on them.  On several prior printers I simply load the "Cachet" (art on the left side of the envelope) on an 8 1/2 X 22 sheet paper size, by placing it in the middle of the 8 1/2  side, and down about 4 inches.  On those machines I hit "Print" and the image goes on to my envelope.  I reallign the image up or down a bit and them have run off the envelopes with no problem  On this machine I can't do that and the instructions are all about printing addresses from Word .  The so-called "Geek Squad" at Best Buy told me to contact HP, rather than helping me.  I'm going on age 78and really don't want to get into the computer languages.  Like on this page it says, Message Tags.  I don't know and don't care to learn what these are.  All I want to do is print these cachets for myself and other hobbyists.  I've spent a lifetime learning new things and was a Purchasing Agent in a Fortune 100 corporation. I'm not stupid but I don't want to waste what time in my life I have left in learning stuff to support a rare need for help. 

Printing an envelope should not be a complex task.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.