Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The drop-down options for print size on my HP 7525 don't show 8"x10". I have the usual 4"x6", 3.5"x5" and 5"x7", then 10x15cm, 2L, Japanese Postcard, A6, L, 10x15 tab, 4x6" tab, 13x18ccm and Index card. But no choice for 8"x10". What must I do to print an 8"x10" photo?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello CKAY,

My old printer does not show 8x10 either.

In the printing preferences under the Paper/Quality tab, do you see a "Custom" option or button? There should be one in there somewhere in your preferences.

Click on that and create a custom size of 8 in for the width and 10 in for the length. Be sure to "Name" it 8x10 Photo and click ok.

Now give it whatever attributes you want under the other tabs and click Apply and OK (or just OK).

Close out the printer and open it again and the new size you created should show in the list.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello CKAY,

My old printer does not show 8x10 either.

In the printing preferences under the Paper/Quality tab, do you see a "Custom" option or button? There should be one in there somewhere in your preferences.

Click on that and create a custom size of 8 in for the width and 10 in for the length. Be sure to "Name" it 8x10 Photo and click ok.

Now give it whatever attributes you want under the other tabs and click Apply and OK (or just OK).

Close out the printer and open it again and the new size you created should show in the list.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion. If I'm looking in the correct place, I do not have an option for custom paper to set up an 8x10 option. I checked under the drop down boxes for quality and for paper type and do not see that option on my printer. Any other suggestions for the 7525? I appreciate your reply.

HP Recommended

P.S. Could it be a Microsoft problem? I didn't have this problem with my Canon printer.

HP Recommended

OK. I think I found the place that I can set 8x10 paper from the main tray. Maybe that will fix the problem. That shouldn't affect document printing, should it? You're a lifesaver. Thanks so much.

HP Recommended

Yes that printer will take 8x10 paper in the larger tray.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03369370

You may have to tell it to print from the larger tray or select a different paper from the drop down to get the 8x10 size.

No it wont affect document printing. Just be sure to look at the Quality output in the preferences to make sure. Higher quality is slower and uses more ink that Fast Draft (for example).

I have been Googling this model and  I find it does not have a Custom Size ability after all. Thats not very good.

HP Recommended

Well, I had to go to a couple of places to change settings to print the larger photo. I decided to try it on 8½x11 photo paper. Basically, your excellent suggestion did work. HP certainly didn't make this printer very user friendly for customers who need to print in various sizes. HP forces us to change settings that should be routine options.

Thank you so much for getting me started on the way to success. You're a lifesaver.

HP Recommended

So you were able to get a Custom Size option or you found the 8x10 size under 8.5x11 photo paper?

Thanks for letting me know BTW.

HP Recommended

Your suggestion led me to reset printer preferences for both layout and paper/quality. There is an option for 8x10, and I used the letter option for 8½x11. Once I made those changes, Windows Live Photo Gallery gives me these options and more for paper size. It's a lot of moving parts to set and reset just to print a larger photo.

HP Recommended

OooooHHH, Windows Live Photo gallery. Got ya.

So its the 8x10 option that finally showed after shuffling paper options. No go on the Custom Button.

Good to know.

I will private msg you also.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.