Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a new HP Envy desktop with Windows 10 connected to my Officejet 6700 Premium printer.  Often I need to print only selected portions of e-mails or web info.  The printer did this just fine when connected to my former Dell desktop with Windows XP,  but won't give me that option with my new HP desktop.  How can I regain that "print selection" ability now that I have the new desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Edwardo2,

Reading that your previous experience was running XP, it is possible that your earlier ability to print web and email selections benefitted from a web clipping software such as HP Smart Web Printing.  You may be able to find web-clipping apps/add-ons that support the combination of Windows 10 and the various browser alternatives.

My own experience is with the Chrome browser where I was able to print a selection from a web page as well as an Outlook email.

From a web page within Chrome, try the following:

* highlight the text in the web page you want to print

* right click and select 'Print...' from the menu that appears

* a print menu should appear on the left side, select 'More Options', and ensure that 'Selection only' is checked within the Options section

From Outlook:

* Open the email you want to print a selection of

* Within the 'Actions' menu, select 'View in Browser'

* Take the steps above for printing a web page

I hope you find this helpful.

While I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click 'Thumbs Up +' as an encouragement and 'Accept as solution' if this has helped solve your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What browser are you printing from?

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

Hi Edwardo2,

Reading that your previous experience was running XP, it is possible that your earlier ability to print web and email selections benefitted from a web clipping software such as HP Smart Web Printing.  You may be able to find web-clipping apps/add-ons that support the combination of Windows 10 and the various browser alternatives.

My own experience is with the Chrome browser where I was able to print a selection from a web page as well as an Outlook email.

From a web page within Chrome, try the following:

* highlight the text in the web page you want to print

* right click and select 'Print...' from the menu that appears

* a print menu should appear on the left side, select 'More Options', and ensure that 'Selection only' is checked within the Options section

From Outlook:

* Open the email you want to print a selection of

* Within the 'Actions' menu, select 'View in Browser'

* Take the steps above for printing a web page

I hope you find this helpful.

While I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click 'Thumbs Up +' as an encouragement and 'Accept as solution' if this has helped solve your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello Edwardo,

Win 10 has a snipping tool in the Charms.  Left click the Charms (lower left on the Task Bar), scroll down to Window Accessories, scroll down to Snipping Tool.  I have it on the Task Bar for instant access.  To do that, right click on Snipping Tool, click on More, click on Pin to Task Bar.

In most documents, such as a web page, text in an email, MS word document, etc. if you highlight any portion, click Copy and paste it into a Word file and then use it (print) from there.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.