Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have tried all the methods provided in this forum and cannot disable the auto off feature on my printer.  I am connected via a wired network ethernet cable so the feature should be disabled.  But the printer continues to shutoff at random times during the day.  This requires a power cycle by unplugging the printer.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@PMH2,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I’m assuming that you have the HP Envy 7640 printer (If you have a different printer do let me know) the Sleep mode feature cannot be turned off. You can change the settings of the sleep mode to 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

Please refer to the below user guide for the printer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04426138

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PMH2,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I’m assuming that you have the HP Envy 7640 printer (If you have a different printer do let me know) the Sleep mode feature cannot be turned off. You can change the settings of the sleep mode to 5, 10 or 15 minutes.

Please refer to the below user guide for the printer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04426138

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for your response but the problem is auto off not sleep mode. Auto off requires a power cycle by un plugging which is way more problematic than awaking the 7640 envy
HP Recommended

It would be very helpful if anyone who reads this forum on auto off issues with the 7640 envy  or an HP employee would provide me with the hard codes for the hidden menus that would disable the auto off feature 

HP Recommended

@PMH2,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

The feature you are looking for is not incorporated in the printer. As I informed in my previous post the printer goes to sleep mode after the set inactivity time and there is no option to turn off sleep mode.

Hope that answers your question.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  When I bought this printer there was no auto off feature.  Power cycling the printer on a daily basis is very frustrating.  Short of replacing the printer is there anything I can do to disable auto off?.  I am connected to a  network (wired) but it still shuts off automatically daily.  I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.