Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8620

Printer randomly prints out multiple status reports usually after midnight. often several sheets . i don't need or want

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try resetting the printer back to Factory Defaults.   Now reset it back to Network Defaults.   Reconnect and reinstall if needed .  Status now?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tello_rosa,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer keeps printing multiple status reports.

This issue could occur if the print jobs are stuck in the queue.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the links below depending upon the operating system installed on your computer:

HP printers - Print jobs stuck in print queue (Windows, macOS)

Also, let us know the operating system installed on the computer from the links below: 

1. Click Here if it is a Windows PC

2. Click Here if it is a Mac PC

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

You have to be kidding, i know where the on off switch is. After that it's all double dutch. i have windows 8 64bit. The printer did this before we even used it for anything. and does it regularly. looks like the last hp we will buy. Can the printer status report be turned off or not.

HP Recommended

Try resetting the printer back to Factory Defaults.   Now reset it back to Network Defaults.   Reconnect and reinstall if needed .  Status now?

HP Recommended

All good so far. thank you.

HP Recommended

I found the factory defaults- how do I reset it to network defaults?  do you just mean to reconnect to our wireless network? This **bleep** thing has gone through at least a ream of paper in the last month,  and complete ink cartridges.  It prints off as much paper as is in my feeder.  I hope this works or it's going to the dumpster...it prints great!  but this is getting expensive. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.