Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 3720 printer
Unknown

When trying to print from my iPhone to my Hp3720 printer using the printer in built direct Wi-fi I am being asked for a password to make the connection. I don’t remember being asked to do this when I have previously used the printer in the direct Wi-fi mode. Whatever, if a password must be used and I can’t remember the password ( if I ever had one ) how can I reset the password?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Scorpio007, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Before resetting the password, let us try to retrieve the password saved on your printer.

1. Get the Wi-Fi Direct printer name (Example: DIRECT-72-HP Officejet Pro 6970) and password.

2. Print a report that lists the Wi-Fi Direct printer name and password.

3. On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button  to switch it ON. The light will be steady.

4. Press the Information button  to print the report which will contain the WiFi Direct info.

5. On the Apple device, open Settings, tap Wi-Fi, select your Wi-Fi Direct printer name from the list of available networks, and then enter the password.

6. Open the item you want to print, and then tap Print from the app or action menu.

7. Select your printer, and then tap Print.

To know how to reset the WiFi Direct password, refer to instructions under 'How do I change the Wi-Fi Direct password, login settings, and printer name?" of FAQ section in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.