Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 3050A all-in-one J611 series

How long do deskjet printers last. I have had mine for 7 years and it wouldn’t print at all

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shirl10 

How long is a piece of a string ? To be honest I don't know, its life is depending on how it works on monthly cycles.

All vendors used to make printers last for few decades. I sill have a printer which is nearly 20 years old (namely Canons) I also have an HP Laser printer which is 25 years old now, I don't use it now because it only prints one side of paper and curly due to heat and 1 year old printer with A3 (namely Epson).

The Canon prints much better and cheaper (because I can use refill inks) than my Epson which is a gift from my friends and it "drinks" inks more than I drink beers. HP did not send me printer this year to test.

But now, I expect a normal CONSUMERS printer can "live" for 5 years before it break logically or physically.

Just my  2 cents

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.