humerus
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to cancel a scheduled outgoing fax?

HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This is annoying! I scheduled an outgoing fax yesterday. The printer attempted dialing the fax number several times yesterday, but the fax on the other end never answered. Thought it would just time out already, but apparently it has not. Today, it dialed that fax number again, and, again no answer. This is not timing out. How do I manually cancel this outgoing fax? There ought to be a simple answer and should be easy to quickly find out how to do it, but like other HP support stuff, it's not! At this point, I have resolved the issue that caused me to schedule the fax, so now I don't even want this scheduled fax to connect. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,746 12,733 829 1,466
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@humerus

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer and would like to cancel a scheduled outgoing fax. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Based on my research, I suggest you to perform a reset on the printer and that should cancel the outgoing fax on the printer. A private message has been sent to you with the reset instructions.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. I'll be glad to assist you further. 

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
humerus
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. Still getting familiar w the HP Knowledge base so forgive how long my reply to you.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation