Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to Connect my Officejet 8600 to WIFI so I can AirPrint from my iPad.
I understand that the printer must be set up as a wireless printer on the same network to do that.
But I can't figure out how to do that.
Further complicating the issue is that the LCD display on the front of the printer hasn't worked for years.
Is there a way to do this from the PC?

The 8600 user guide speaks of using the LCD display to do the setup.
My question is how to do it without using the display.
Surely, someone knows how to do it. 

How can I get in touch with that person?

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I assume your printer is connected to your PC via USB? If you happened to have an ethernet connection that is on the same network of your Wi-Fi router your printer should be visible from your iPad.

One possible way to set up Wi-Fi from Windows 10 is downloading the setup software from 123.hp.com, connect the PC and the printer via USB and you should be guided into setting up the printer's Wi-Fi connection. 

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I assume your printer is connected to your PC via USB? If you happened to have an ethernet connection that is on the same network of your Wi-Fi router your printer should be visible from your iPad.

One possible way to set up Wi-Fi from Windows 10 is downloading the setup software from 123.hp.com, connect the PC and the printer via USB and you should be guided into setting up the printer's Wi-Fi connection. 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Big kudos to Printez!!

I have been asking this same question repeatedly for several weeks and getting nothing but suggestions that don't work (plus a scam invitation). This suggestion actually worked and it was quick and easy to implement.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Alan

HP Recommended

You're welcome, glad it worked!

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.