Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently purchased the HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z, i have it connected to my netgear router which i can see that it is through netgear genie, but my computer will not connect. i have tried turning off my firewall, i have uninstalled and reinstalled many times. still no luck but when i run wireless test through the printer it pass's on everything. I tried to figure out how to bypass for udp 427 but i could not figure it out. 

Connected through wpa-psk

Windows 7

Acer Laptop

Please Help me out, i have school starting in 5 days. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Oh, that's  good clue.  That instance of the printer is looking for a USB connection!  Go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers and delete the printer on the list of printers.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices & Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

It is likely your antivirus firewall in the way. What do you use?  Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I use Windows Firewall, And i used the tool you suggested and it does not come up on anything, I tried to install it on another computer that is a desktop but running a wireless card and that wont find the printer either. 

HP Recommended

But does your antivirus software (Norton or McAfee or whatever) have a firewall, also?  It may be in the way.  What do you use?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I do not have any anti virus setup. 

HP Recommended

Oh.  Have you looked through these documents: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=36490&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&d...

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Did not really help, but i noticed the port in the properties in the printer is checked for USB and there isnt one for tcp/IP

HP Recommended

Oh, that's  good clue.  That instance of the printer is looking for a USB connection!  Go to Control Panel > Devices & Printers and delete the printer on the list of printers.

1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices & Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

where do i find the printers IP address?

HP Recommended

Print a Network Test from the Network menu on the front of the printer.

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.