Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HPEnvy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have followed the instructions for connecting printer to the internet, but still get emails from HP telling me it is not connected.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
  1. From the printer control panel display, touch HP Printables.

2. Touch Enable Web Services, and then touch Yes.

3. Touch Accept to accept the Web Services terms of use and enable Web Services.

4. In the Auto Update screen, touch Yes to allow the printer to automatically check for and install product updates.

NOTE: If a printer update is available, the printer will download and install the update, and then restart. You will have to repeat the instructions from step 1 to set up Web Services.

5. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page. Follow the instructions on the information page to finish the setup.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Thanks for this.

I do not see a Web Services Setup option in the Setup menu. Another screen says that the printer is connected to the internet and gives the email address.

Unfortunately, nothing will now print. Apart from the odd symbol, they all come out blank. 

HP Recommended

Ooops, I gave you the instructions for the wrong printer.  I edited the instructions, so please try them again.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have tried this again. There is no 'Enable web services' in the HP Printables menu, only 'Disable web services'. I did this, and then was able to do 'Enable web services'. No information page was printed, only a 'Congratulations! More cool way to blah blah blah' message. Checking the email address, this is now different from that given previously. All test reports now come out blank, and all attempts at printing(.doc and .pdf) leave out all text.

HP Recommended

OK, it sounds like it it connected to the web.  Good.

Now, for the printing issue - since it prints nothing regardless of source, on the front of the printer find the menu to clean printheads.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I think that it always has been connected to the internet. The settings menu has always said so. The problem has been that HP do not appear to know this, and keep sending me emails telling me to connect. I notice that on my monthly ink billing statement, it gives an email address for the printer, but this is not always the same, and is different from the one displayed on the printer. The printer settings menu on my PC says that Instant Ink is disabled. I have tried contacting Support, but that facility is not working.

I don't think that the printheads are the problem. One of the test pages does print, but most do not.

I tried reinstalling the software, but this failed.

I am rapidly losing the will to live.

@PrintDoc wrote:

OK, it sounds like it it connected to the web.  Good.

Now, for the printing issue - since it prints nothing regardless of source, on the front of the printer find the menu to clean printheads.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.