Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2622
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do i factory reset my deskjet 2622 if i forgot the printer username and password so i can setup wireless again?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Mike-J2020 

Hello,

Then try to install it over Wi-Fi by doing the following:

Press a series of buttons on the printer to reset the wireless settings to ensure a successful connection.

1. Go to Devices and Printer to delete your printer icon.
  2. Make sure the printer is on.
  3. If the wireless indicator light is flashing, go to the next step to continue the software installation.
  4. Press and hold down the Power button (

).
  5. While holding down the power button, press the Start Black Copy button (

) two times, and then press the Cancel button (

) three times.
  6. Release the power button. The Wireless light next to the Wireless button should be flashing. Repeat these steps if the Wireless indicator does not blink.
  7. Proceed immediately to the next step to continue the software installation. You have approximately 20 minutes to complete the software setup using the HP Auto Wireless Connect feature.
  8. Launch the printer software installed on the desktop and click Connect a new printer.
  9. Follow these steps to set up your wireless connection when the HP Automatic Wireless Connection screen appears:
    • Select Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer, and then click Next.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software installation and wireless network setup for the printer.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mans, I got all the way to where it is configuing then i get prompted for a password. I do not have a password to enter here...printer.PNG

HP Recommended

@Mike-J2020 

Thanks for your return,

Try the following solution, and then try to install the printer:

1. Connect the USB cable to the back of the printer and to a USB port on your computer.
  2. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  3. Select the USB printer in HP Print and Scan Doctor and click Next.
  4. On the menu bar, click Printer and click Reset....
  5. Click on icon Perform a printer memory reset and then Yes.
  6. The printer will turn off, please turn it back on.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Hi Mans,

I went through the scan doctor with the printer plugged in via a USB cable, the menu had a printer option, but the "Resets" option was grayed out.

HP Recommended

@Mike-J2020 

Thanks for your return,

In this case, I recommend that you Contact HP HP Support in your country/region.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Bets regards,:Wink:

HP Recommended

Hi, @Mike-J2020 

Have you solved the issue?

If this is not the case, I have sent you a private message with instructions to reset the printer. Please only change the fields quoted in my private message. Afterwards I invite you to come back here.

I ask you not to republish the procedure indicated in my PM in the public community and I thank you for doing so.

I remain at your disposal in case of need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.