06-15-2019 11:06 AM
Please tell me how to factory reset my envy 4502 printer.
I have tried unplugging the power and that has not worked.
I am sure there is a key sequence to use as well once you plug it back in (which isn't restore default settings!) - can someone tell me what it is... thanks
06-17-2019 03:50 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
What exactly seems to be an issue with the printer?
Is the printer connected to the network?
Are you having issues where the features have been locked and you need assistance in unlocking the printer.
Let's try these steps here: Restore network settings to default settings.
1. Press the Wireless button to access the Wireless Status
2. Press the button next to Settings to access the Wireless
3. Select Restore Defaults.
4. Confirm selection to restore defaults.
Let’s start by performing a network power drain. Follow the steps below:
Turn off all the devices connected on your network including the PC, Smartphones, printer, modem (if present) and router. Make sure all the devices in the network are turned off / unplugged.
Wait for 2-3 minutes.
Now turn on the modem if present. Wait till all the lights are steady and idle.
Then turn on the router. Again wait for a couple of minutes so that the lights are all steady.
Then turn on the PC and other devices.
Run the Wireless setup wizard and connect the printer to the network.
1. Press the Wireless button from the printer control panel, and then select Settings.
2. Scroll to select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then press OK.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the wireless connection.
4. Insert the printer software CD in the computer CD-ROM drive.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer software.
If the issue still persists, We are going to provide you some additional steps via PM that are specific related to your product model.
Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-17-2019 06:32 AM
The exact problem is that Air Print does not work anymore, the printer is temperamental when printing from other computers.
I don't have a cd rom and just need the hard reset sequence to start from scratch again. thanks
11-17-2019 11:35 AM
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee