Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
8710 AIO inkjet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I find the page counter in HP 8710 printer?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@salmo

Printer Status report should give you many information you need to know including pages printed. Please use the following guide to get it

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@salmo

I saw your other post, please use this post only. For your question, please use page 93 of the following manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05048181.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks - I had asked a followup questions - is there a way to get a page count without printing a report, and why can't the report be read on a computer monitor without printing it?

HP Recommended

I still have not received an answer to my follow-up questions.  Is there a way to get a page count without printing a report, and can a status report be viewed on a computer monitor to preclude having to print it out?

HP Recommended

@salmo wrote:

I still have not received an answer to my follow-up questions.  Is there a way to get a page count without printing a report, and can a status report be viewed on a computer monitor to preclude having to print it out?

If your printed is connected to your network (rather than directly to the printer via USB) you can find the page count and other useful information from the printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS).  To access the EWS do the following:

• Find the printer's IP address.  This can be found from the front panel:  click on the network icon in the top of the screen.  The IP address will have a form such as 192.168.1.106.  
  • Enter the IP address you found above in the browser on your computer.  This will bring up the printer's EWS.
  • From the EWS click Tools in the upper tabs, then click Reports on the left side menu, then Usage Report.  This will bring up a detailed usage report on the screen.

The following is from my Officejet Pro 8720, but your Officejet Pro 8710 will have a similar capability:

8720 usage.png

While in the EWS you might look around for the other tabs and features.  There are many options, you may find other useful things there.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Your solution worked great the 1st time. Thank you. If we set the printer to the factory reset, will it set the page counter back to zero? 

HP Recommended

@topdad81 wrote:

Your solution worked great the 1st time. Thank you. If we set the printer to the factory reset, will it set the page counter back to zero? 

Sorry for the delay, I did not see the response until today.  "The Total Engine Page Count never resets and represents the total number of pages processed by the printer in its lifetime."  A factory reset will not reset the total page count.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.