Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

have NOT lost my password, or my user.
I just don't know WHERE to enter them.

This is what I'm doing

1. find the ip of the printer

2. visit the ip on my browser

3. I can see the EWS, and can access some features, but others are locked as expected

4. I have no idea how to login

* I've tried clicking on the tiny lock icon but nothing happens

* I have no ad-blocker enabled

Can anyone help me find where to enter my login information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vvMINOvv 

Hello,

I sent you a private message with a procedure to reset the printer. I appreciate that you do not publish it in the community in public.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@vvMINOvv 

Hello,

I sent you a private message with a procedure to reset the printer. I appreciate that you do not publish it in the community in public.

In case of need, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Mans 

I appreciate your help. Are you saying that the EWS login feature doesn't work on hp inkjet printers?

HP Recommended

@vvMINOvv 

Thanks for your return,

No, that's not what I told you, I offered to reset the printer with the Semi-full reset option so that you can reconfigure it as it was at the beginning.

Did you solve the problem as a result of this manipulation?

If so, please close the topic by clicking 'Accept as solution' at the bottom of my previous message.

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed

Best regards,:Wink:

HP Recommended

@mans

thanks again for your response.

It turns out the reason I wasn't getting a login prompt was because I had my VPN on, which was interfering with the EWS ability to authorize me.

Thank you so much again for all your help, you've been very responsive. Cheers 👍

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.