07-16-2018 07:35 PM - last edited on 07-16-2018 08:19 PM by Cheron-Z
There is no explanation that I can see that teaches how to reprime the ink heads. My printer is brand new and will not print, tons of ink in the bulk ink tanks. The ink lins are white
07-17-2018 08:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, I see that you are getting print quality issues on your printer.
I would like to assist you.
- Did you do any changes to the printer?
- When did this issue start?
Meanwhile, check the ink delivery system
Make sure the transportation ink valve is in the unlocked position.
Printing with a locked transportation ink valve can damage the printheads.
Make sure the printer is turned on.
Inspect the position of the blue printhead latch.
Open the exterior door.
Open the printhead access door.
Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.
Visually inspect the printhead latch position.
Reach inside the printer through the printhead access door, and then manually move the carriage to the right.
Visually inspect the ink delivery tubes.
If the tubes are white or ink stained, the printer is not properly primed or out of ink, skip to Replace the printheads.
If the tubes are completely filled with dark ink, the printer is properly primed and filled with ink, continue to the next step.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-gt-5820-all-in-one-printer-series/8109015/model/8109...
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee
07-18-2018 07:35 AM
The priming process explain in another document 'Replace Printhead' as shown below. Hope this help...
CAUTION:Do not move or disconnect power from the printer during the priming process.
- On the printer control panel, press and hold the Resume button for 3 seconds.The alignment starts when the blinking Pbecomes a blinking A.The printer prints an alignment page.Figure : Pressing and holding the Resume button
- Lift the scanner lid.
- Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid. Position it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass.Figure : Placing the alignment page on the scanner glass
- Close the scanner lid.
- On the control panel, press the Start Copy Color button .Figure : Pressing the Start Copy Color buttonThe printer aligns the printheads.
- The printer starts the priming process. You can still print, scan, and make copies while the printer is priming.
NOTE:The priming process can last up to 45 minutes.Priming is complete when the rotating lines stop and a 0 displays on the control panel.Figure : Example of the control panel during the priming process
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
07-23-2018 05:16 AM
The priming the print head did not work. I pressed the RESUME button for 3 sec. nothing. Tried to get the P or A to appear and blink, nothing. It'll print 1/3 of the page okay then there's no more ink. the Heads need to be primed.
12-10-2019 04:41 PM
@ewin100, Welcome to HP Support Community!
This looks like a hardware issue. Re-priming of the printheads can be done with the help of our support team.
Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee