Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
GT 5820 All In One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I forgot password for EWS for my printer. How do I reset it?

I want to change password of DIRECT Wifi of my printer....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Community.

I understand you would like to change some of the passwords on your HP DeskJet GT 5820. I will be happy to help.

To reset the EWS password all you have to do is RESTORE NETWORK DEFAULT settings. To restore network settings to default settings, press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

I am not sure what you are asking in your second question. Are you looking to change the password your printer uses to connect to your home's wireless network, or are you asking how to change the password for the Wi-Fi Direct feature on your printer.  Please clarify this for me and I will do what I can to help.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

I hope this helps, and have a great day.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended
Thanks for your help. I will try later because I was not in site.
My second question is currently anyone can print directly wirelessly without permits or easily to find password of wifi which just click information on the panel.
I want to change this password and only permitted person by me can print to this printer. Nobody can use info to find password except myself.
HP Recommended

Hi @George2016,

If your printer is set up on your wireless network, anyone connected to the same wireless will be able to see and print to the printer as long as they have a driver. If you wish to have sole control over the printer so only you can print, I recommend setting up the printer through USB connection to your computer.

If this helps show appreciation for my reply by hitting the “thumbs up” below, or click the "Accept as Solution" button if I have helped you reach a solution.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi Marcellus,

Thanks for your explanation.

1. My HP printer had already connected to dekstop printer via USB.

And currently I can connect my laptop and my Android smartphones wirelessly via Direct-Wifi. It is great but risk for using. Anybody who near me can connect it and print any documents or pictures without my authorization.

They can view password only by clicking "wireless information" button which show the password.

What I want is password of Direct Wifi is hidden,  so only me who have access the password.

2. EWS

I want to access some settings, but it seems locked for me as a owner.

Capture-5820.PNG

How to reset this admin password?

Login windows only said "admin"... but I do not know the password.

Thanks for your help.

George

HP Recommended

Hi @George2016,

If this is the first time you are accessing the administrator settings, then the username should be "admin" and there will not be a password (leave it blank). 

If there is already a password set up on the EWS that has been forgotten(or set up by another), then try these steps to remove the password from the EWS.

Restore default wireless settings on the printer

Make sure the printer is turned on.

Press the Wireless button  and the Cancel button  at the same time, and then hold them for 3 seconds.

The wireless light next to the wireless button should blink. Repeat these steps if the wireless light does not blink.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, I've been trying the same thing (3-second simultaneous press on cancel and wireless button) since last week and the factory defaults still HAVE NOT been reset. I'm using Mac OSX.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I can see many people with the same problem, but I have not found any solution provided by HP on the web. Could anyone help?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.... I have tried many different things to fix the issue, uninstalling/reinstalling all the software/drivers, I tried connecting via usb instead of wifi, resetting default wireless settings. The default username is supposed to be "admin" and no password, I have tried Admin, ADMIN admin.. nothing is working, there has to be someone out there who has successfully connected to ews page no??

HP Recommended

I got in!!!! ok so this is how it is for my set up, should be the same if its the same problem we are having.. which is connecting to the ews page.

the username is "admin"

password is your password for hp connected web site!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.