Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How to stop deskjet 2652 from printing an alignment page every power up?

HP Desk Jet 2652

Every power up, the printer prints an alignment page even though I follow the instruction on the printed alignment instruction. It is a waste of paper and ink.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 14
21,074 20,455 1,540 3,461
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In order to stop this you must perform a full printer alignment until successful completion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
119 90 2 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't understand the purpose of an alignment page.   Please explain what it does.  I simply load paper and print my document, picture or whatever.  Everything is always aligned properly on the page.  

I have never used the scanner part of the all-in-one printer.  I have a separate scanner that I use.  Does that make a difference?

Whatever, I do not want to waste ink.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,919 7,906 585 611
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jarhtmd, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This could be because the alignment would not have been completed. Let us isolate this issue.

First, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

For further assistance, I'd want to know what is the Operating System installed on your computer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
119 90 2 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer sometimes prints the alignment page, but usually not.  When I 1st got the printer, the instructions seem to say that every time before I print something, I should scan the alignment page and print another alignment page.  It never seemed to do anything except waste paper & ink.  Immediately before my post here I had replaced an ink cartridge and got a couple of alignment pages auto-printed.  This alignment page printing seems to be random, but always(?) if it prints, it's the 1st thing after turning on printer.  It actually is so infrequent (for me) that I had forgotten about it until this most recent episode.  Since then no more have been auto-printed.  My printer almost always works the way a printer IMHO should work . . . it prints what I want to print, when I want to print and sits idle at other times.

My question in this thread was . . . what is the purpose of "alignment"?  What is being aligned?  print heads?  ink cartridges?  paper feed?  I've never had to align a printer before.  But then, this is my 1st HP printer.

I assume the printer driver updates that have been mentioned are in cases of operating system changes (or completely new OS).  I'm running Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,584 7,576 494 608
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

When your HP printer fails to line up your printed pages properly, or your printer displays an “alignment failed” error message, your cartridges are likely out of alignment. Alignment issues might occur when scanning or printing, and an Alignment failed or Alignment Unsuccessful error message displays on the printer control panel.

To align the cartridges:

a. Load letter or A4 unused plain white paper into the input tray.

b. Open the printer software on your PC. Search Windows for your printer name. (If you do not have a printer software installed, click here to download)

c. In the printer software, click Print & Scan and then click Maintain Your Printer to access the printer toolbox. The printer toolbox appears.

d. Click Align Cartridges on the Device Services tab. The printer prints an alignment page. e. Follow the on-screen instructions to align the cartridges. Recycle or discard the cartridge alignment sheet later.

For more info on resolving Alignment issues, refer to the steps mentioned in this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Tried this several times and it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,479 11,480 1,052 1,238
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @craig1427

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps mentioned above. I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation