Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2677
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

I have a lot of trouble with this new printer. I bought brand new color cartridges and only after a few print (on not even full color, only text mainly) i get the printer message it is low on ink. I tried all the trouble shooting procedures on HP, in Youtube and the problem is still there. Moreover I tried to print 4 simple colored square (Red - Yellow - Blue - Green), the red is magenta, the green is blue, there are no yellow. Again the cartridge was brand new out of the box.

It is the second time it happens : When I bought the printer I had also the new cartridges and low ink issue very quickly (only text printing and not a lot of pages). I brought it back to the shop, they checked, told me the cartridge was empty because they tested the printer with their own cartridge and that I had to buy a new cartridge.

Any idea on what is the problem here ? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @JP134

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

How many pages were you able to print off the cartridges?

Did you print photos or documents?

Page yield is the number of pages you can print with one cartridge. The page yield of a cartridge is based upon the ISO standard for measuring ink cartridge yields by printing out pages with 5% page coverage* until the cartridge runs empty.

Actual yield will vary depending upon the amount of content on the page. Highly "dense" documents, such as the text document, may yield fewer pages than the ISO standard, while less dense ones, would yield more pages than the standard. Printing that uses primarily one color could cause lower yields for that color and higher yields for colors not heavily used. The yield you experience will depend upon the content that you print.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you to have a look at this.

To answer your questions :

- I printed only text (not condensed at all doc with a tiny blue logo at the top);

I never printed a photo.

- Total pages printed : less than 100 (One Hundred).

HP Recommended

Was this a regular cartridge or an XL Cartridge?

HP Recommended

Regular Original HP 680 Tri-colour

HP Recommended

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region for further assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.