02-09-2020 07:39 AM
I have an HP 3630 all in one. When I try to send something to print from my Windows 10 desktop the printer takes in the paper halfway then stops and there is an E on the printer display. Usually windows will have a notification that there was an error printing.
This first happened when I tried to print a word doc then a PowerPoint doc. I tried to use the HP print doctor but I would get the same error when the program tried to print a test print.
looking at previous postings I’ve used add/remove programs, manage printers, then printui via cmd Window to remove all my HP printer drivers. I even uninstalled the old HP Application that first came with my printer via CD. Then I downloaded the latest basic driver (april 2019 version appears to be latest) then executed it.
I still get the same error. I installed the HP app and I still get the same error. Whether I print via USB or via network. Same error.
i suspect it has something to do with the driver or the recent windows 10 update that was forced upon me because when I print via my iPhone 7 over wifi I am able to print using the printer. No error messages.
02-11-2020 10:26 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print in color from your Win 10 PC. I'd be happy to assist you. This seems like a compatibility issue between the printer driver and the latest Win 10 update. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
02-14-2020 05:20 PM
I assumed that your instructions meant I should connect to my printer using Wifi rather than a USB cord.
I followed your instructions, windows found my printer using the IP address I provided. But when I tried to print, same thing happened, paper goes in halfway and then I get an error message.
I tried it again using the built in windows driver. Same issue.
But I'm still able to print if use my iPhone.
02-15-2020 04:49 AM
Please try creating a new user account and check -
1. Tap the Windows icon.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Accounts.
4. Select Family & other users.
5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
9. Tap the Windows icon.
10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8. Install the printer driver and try printing.
Let me know.
I am an HP Employee