Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I don't know exactly how it worked , but I managed to do a factory default reset.  Give the printer a new password and all other problems with autendication stuff mysteriously went away.  The procedure  is  different from what you suggested, I will be happy to post it on your request. HP print and scan doctor  5.0 fixed the wireless connection problem .

I don't know how to Thank  for  all your help,  your are a great asset to this community    :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi @foxx74

Thank you for posting back.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would also appreciate information on how to reset the password on the 3830.

Thanks

HP Recommended

It is under setup

setup->tools-> last menu item which is reset to factory default, 

let me know if this menu item is missing

HP Recommended

I have an HP OfficeJet 3830 printer and having a problem with the admin password not working, I read the forum and other people are having the same issue and they were sent instructions on how to do a semi-factory reset in order to clear the password, Would you please send me these instructions?  What I am trying to accomplish is to assign a Static IP address to this printer but I get asked for the user name and password. I use "admin" as the user name but no passwords work. Please help

Thanks

Bill

@The_Fossette wrote:

Hi @foxx74

Thank you for posting back.

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hello, i am having issues with my hp offijet all,in one 3830 printer. It wont print in color anymore and anything more than one page at a time gets an error message. I tried logging in to the IP web server thingy and dont remember my password or user name.i think i already did a factory default reset for the printer but still got nothing.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.