Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp 6480
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Started with a carriage jam.  Paper stock did that.

Cleared all the paper but carriage was stuck over service station.  Removed toggle gear lever to allow service station to free carriage.  Put toggle gear assembly back in place.  Heads are being properly serviced and carriage moves freely.  I now get a paper jam error that will not clear. On/ off cycles, #3, at restart, latest driver installed, all of these and more.  No luck.  Solution to false paper jam on 6480 has supposedly been solved but in a private string on a legacy data base I have no access to.  It has to be some kind of a firmware reset thing.  Need help fer sure.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@1ZB17C

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.