Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have been having many issues with my HP 8610. It is not out of warranty. I was given compatible ink by a colleague which leaked in my printer, I didn't realise it was not genuine ink. I double checked it as print outs were coming out blurry and not clear. I cleaned it up as I could and then signed up for HP instant ink as this was a better option than paying nearly £100 for my usual ink. I am still having the issue with the blurry images with the HP ink. I have tried all the clean printhead and align options available to help resolve the issue. I am also having the issue that despite my printer being connected to the internet (blue light and being able to print via wifi both happening )that the printer keeps telling me to connect to the internet to allow HP instant ink to track my usage. I am at my wits end with this feel like i've tried everything and don't really want to spend money on a new printhead to find out this isnt the issue. 

Thanks for any assistance

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Claire323

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Someone got back to me about the instant ink issue but I managed to resolve this. The main issue which I can't resolve is the fact everything is printing blurry despite trying various steps to resolve this. Any advice?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.