Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8710 Printer
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Up until recently  my HP 8710 printer was printing on cardstock now it will not.  It will print on plain paper fine but it won't even print on photo paper. I tried using 65 lb paper and again it will not work. It will either not print and leave black streaks on the back or leave the top half of the printing off.  I contacted HP and asked what would be the best printer for cardstock because I use it in my crafting.  I was told this one was the best for that.  I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with this product.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the thing at least 6 times and it still doesn't work.  Please can you help I really do not want to have to buy a new printer.  Thank you for any help you can give me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cris350

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You can try updating the firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

You can also try steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I updated, cleaned, aligned the printer heads and uninstalled and reinstalled it still isn't working.  It is still leaving 1 1/2 inches off  cardstock or photo paper no matter if printing portrait or landscape.  Plain paper works fine. 

HP Recommended

@cris350

This could e a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've called HP Support 3 times when I give them the serial number of the printer they hang up.  I've also noticed I'm not the only one with this problem.   I make cards and scrapbooks and when I contacted HP about a printer this is the printer I was told would work for me.  It worked for a while and now the only thing it prints on is copy paper.  I just don't know what else to do.

HP Recommended

Hi @cris350

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.