01-05-2020 12:38 PM
I have a 2 year old hp envy printer and the question mark has appeared on the panel, I have tried to power the printer after 60 seconds and also checked it has the latest update.
Please can you offer some advice on what I should try next?
01-08-2020 08:19 AM
@Danthevillain Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are unable to print from your HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer as the printer is stuck on the question mark icon.
Please let me know if you are able to print the test page.
Step 1: Uninstall Drivers:
Please follow the steps provided in the link to uninstall the printer software: Uninstalling the Printer Software (Windows)
Also, please follow the steps provided below to completely remove the printer software from printer properties.
Steps to remove printer driver files from Print Server Properties:
- Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:
- Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
- From the Start menu or the Start screen:
- Open Devices and Printers.
- Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
- Click on the Drivers tab.
- Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.
Step 2: Download and install the drivers from the link: Full Feature Software and Drivers
Let me know if this works.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
01-13-2020 01:36 PM
Remove the ink cartridges, reset the Printer and insert the ink back.
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee