Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@Honeysmom

Glad to know 🙂

I will wait for your response!

Thank you for replying! 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, it was nice for half of the day that it lasted. I was even able to print remotely from my work laptop without doing anything different to the laptop. Then I was trying to print from my computer (the one I made the changes on) and it was printing well, then I had to cancel a print job. I used the red X on the printer. From there it basically just stalled tried to cancel the print job for about 5 minutes. On my computer screen, it showed that there was no print job. So I tried to print again but my printer still said it was canceling the job. Since I couldn't get it to stop the spinning saying "Printing cancelling" I tried to turn it off which it then promptly got stuck in shut down mood for about 5 minutes.

So I finally unplugged the printer to get it to turn off. I was able to print one more time. However I sent a print job to the printer (one photo) about 5 minutes ago and my print queue still says Printing - Connected to the computer.  Which is the same problem I was  having before.

HP Recommended

I was just responding when you replied.

HP Recommended

@Honeysmom

I'd suggest you try using the HP Smart App to print. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank  you, I have tried previously to install this app when I was updating the drivers and it gets stuck for hours in the "Preparing for device setup"

HP Recommended

@Honeysmom

Temporarily disable firewall software on the computer

Firewall software helps block threats from outside your network, but some settings or configurations can block communication with network printers. Temporarily disable firewall software on your computer.

1. Click the Apple menu, then click System Preferences.

2. Click Security & Privacy.

3. On the Security & Privacy window, click Firewall, then click Firewall: Off.

Turning off the firewall

4. Try installing the HP software again.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.