11-29-2019 06:28 AM
my printer use to scan just fine . now all of a sudden it does not.
I uninstalled and reinstalled everything a few times. nothing.
I ran the hp scan and print docotor a few times . always fails the drive part.
I deleted and reinstalled the drivers many times. still nothing.
When i go to scan the printer does not even make a noise like its trying to.
does nothing and recommends the doctor program to fix..
12-02-2019 10:22 AM
@jtskir222, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
For now, let us try these steps:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee