anakit
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp OfficeJet Pro 7720 won't print heavy hard paper

OfficeJet Pro 7720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have problems printing on thicker harder paper, like album pages or even hard photo paper. Sometimes it prints, but then too often it gives an error message of paper size mismatch, which is not possible, as it prints fine on the same size plain paper. I have wasted lots of very expensive paper and it's just totally random whether it prints or not. I have tried resolving the paper size mismatch issue according to all the instructions and nothing. I believe the problem is heavy paper, although the paper in question is still not super thick or hard, like cardboard.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
26,375 26,099 4,656 10,246
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are the exact paper type and weight of the used paper?

Is it Inkjet printers compatible?

Your printer supports up to 250 gsm Photo Paper, it does not support cardstock paper as listed by its specifications:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05524926

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
anakit
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for trying to help!

My paper is 240g, so it should still work, but I think the feeding tray just has trouble picking it up. The paper is also not completely smooth, but yes, it is inkjet compatible. At least it should be.

0 Kudos
akalyon
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a new 7720 and as the first thing i tried to print photos. The printer cannot pull the photo paper from the tray. Photo paper is L2 127x178mm Kodak Premium Photo Paper, "universal inkjet paper". 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation