Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have problems printing on thicker harder paper, like album pages or even hard photo paper. Sometimes it prints, but then too often it gives an error message of paper size mismatch, which is not possible, as it prints fine on the same size plain paper. I have wasted lots of very expensive paper and it's just totally random whether it prints or not. I have tried resolving the paper size mismatch issue according to all the instructions and nothing. I believe the problem is heavy paper, although the paper in question is still not super thick or hard, like cardboard.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What are the exact paper type and weight of the used paper?

Is it Inkjet printers compatible?

Your printer supports up to 250 gsm Photo Paper, it does not support cardstock paper as listed by its specifications:

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c05524926

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, thank you for trying to help!

My paper is 240g, so it should still work, but I think the feeding tray just has trouble picking it up. The paper is also not completely smooth, but yes, it is inkjet compatible. At least it should be.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought a new 7720 and as the first thing i tried to print photos. The printer cannot pull the photo paper from the tray. Photo paper is L2 127x178mm Kodak Premium Photo Paper, "universal inkjet paper". 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.