Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Asus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone & thank your for your time,

I have 3 questions please:

1- Can i use the Hp Officejet Pro 7720 to print heat transfer paper (Dark & Light) ?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721MVP35/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza?th=1

2- How many colored A4 (pages) can i get from the printer (approx) in order to estimate if it is cost effective?

3- The Black and The Colored ink for this printer is pigmented, is that true ?

Thank you for your time again,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, sorry for the wrong information from me, all cartridges 4 are pigmented black and colours.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

1. You can use heat transfer paper but the paper needs to be for an inkjet printer. The paper weight specifications must be supported to be able to print on.

2. With standard ink cartridges at 5% coverage, you can get 1000 black and 700 colour pages.  With XL ink cartridges you can get 2000 black and 1600 colour pages.

The page yield is calculated at 5% coverage if you are going to print photos then the coverage goes higher to 50% and then page count is 10 times lower.

3. Black ink is pigmented, colours are DYE based.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply Mr. Valsimot,

I checked Hp fourm many time, the Hp officejet pro 7720 ink (#952) are both pigmented (black&color) .. can you confirm ?

HP Recommended

Yes, sorry for the wrong information from me, all cartridges 4 are pigmented black and colours.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.