Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp deskjet 6525 ink advantage
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Given new in box printer. Worked with setup ink cartridges,  but bought ink supplies from hp.com for the 6525 printer. Installed them and get incompatible message. Looks like printer thinks it is on ink adv as ntage but I never signed up for it so ffg not have an account to end it. How do I remove ink advantage?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

What country are you from?

What cartridges have you installed in the printer, what are the exact cartridges numbers?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

USA.  I installed the 564 cartridges.  the printer says 685 but these are no longer available at HP shopping so they directed me to the 564.  Older printer with ink advantage settings.

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage printers do not use HP 564 cartridges, these are intended for HP Photosmart 6520 printer which is another printer model.

Have you moved with the printer from another country to the USA?

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage printers are only available in emerging markets, it does not have any compatible cartridges in the US.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.