01-12-2020 03:06 PM
Printer WILL print from my phone. Wont print from the compute . It was printing just fine. Suddenly stopped. Turned printer and computer off and then on. Tried to uninstall then reinstall. When I select add a printer, it did not show up. So I tried installing as a WiFi direct printer. Entered the PIN that appeared kn the printer, but still wouldn't load. Tried again to install and said printer status unavailable. Tried again and although status said ready, message asked for router pin and wouldn't print.
01-14-2020 06:36 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Follow the below steps below to fix the issue:
From the home screen of your printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon .
Touch the Setup icon .
Touch Restore Network Defaults or Restore Network Settings, and then touch Yes to confirm your selection.
After the default network settings are restored, touch the back arrow, touch Wireless Settings, and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
The printer searches for available networks.
Touch the name of your wireless network.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
01-19-2020 08:04 AM
Let's try these steps -
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
If the issue still persists, try re-installing the printer driver -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 8.1 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how that goes.
I am an HP Employee