02-02-2020 09:04 PM
I just changed cartridges and am getting a "Remove and Reinstall Ink Cartridge" message. I have tried to troubleshoot doing a hard reset (removing cartridges, unplugging printer, holding down power button, etc.), but still get the same message.
Note: This is a brand new authentic hp ink.
Any other suggestions for removing this error and using my printer?
02-02-2020 11:12 PM - edited 02-02-2020 11:17 PM
Please update the printer firmware as follows:
- From the printer's front panel display, touch the Wireless icon () to retrieve the printer's IP address.
- Start a web page, then type this address in the address bar and press Enter. The printer's Web interface opens.
- Click Tools tab, and then develop Printer Updates, and then Firmware Updates.
- Click the Check Now button to install the latest firmware update.
In some cases, remove the ink cartridges and reset the printer can solve the error.
- Turn on the printer.
- Before continuing, wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges of the printer.
- With the printer turned on, unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into the outlet.
NOTE: HP then recommends reconnecting the printer's power cord directly into a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically make it.It is possible that the printer goes through a warm-up cycle. It is also possible that the printer lights blink and the carriage moves.
- Wait until the preheat cycle and until the printer is idle and silent before continuing.
- Reinsert the ink cartridge, and then close the access door to the cartridges.
- Print a calibration page, if prompted.
- If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the back of the product.
- Try to print.
Don't hesitate to ask us if you need us.
|I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accepted Solution! Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.|
HP Expert support community HP France.