Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 7645
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Ho envy 7645 stuck in single cartridge mode, tried the unplug reset, didn’t work.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Lgp1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

• Does your problem description mean that the printer is only printing in one color?
  • What happens when you make photocopies on the printer?
  • Have you tried printing a print quality diagnostic report? Here is how you do it-
  1. Load U.S. letter or A4 size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.

2. On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.

The Setup menu displays.

3. Touch Reports, and then touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic page prints.

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic report without defects

Example of a Print Quality Diagnostic report with no defects.

Share the results for further assistance.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Didn’t help, the diagnostic report printed in black and white.

still states printing in single cartridge mode!

HP Recommended

@Lgp1

Do you have both the ink cartridges installed on the printer?

Try removing and reinstalling the ink cartridges and see if that helps!

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.