Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office JET 8600 pro
Linux

Hello, I write there because I'm currently having a regionalization problem with my hp officejet 8600 pro, I currently live in Venezuela and as many may know, finding anything can be a challenge, I have my printer since 2012, and since 2015 I have been importing 950/951 catridges from Amazon usa (key thing being that they were only for Usa/Canada cartridges) until now, however importing have been getting harder and harder so (thankfully) found 950/951 in a local store, which to my surprise weren't imported from USA, they were intended for the Latin market.

I install the catridges like anyone else might do and surprise, the catridges are shown as invalid, even as I checked them on HP to be valid, non fraudulent current (warranty wise) catridges, however, as matters should be solved with patience and determination, I come across hp forums to see that other people had the issue and the process to solve it (check the (now expired) Printer warranty, click on options and dispute warranty, say that I require a region reset, saying that my catridges cover the process via their warranty)  and I repeat said shown to work process.

Wait a week and HP finally replies me, however they say that hp usa won't solve it and that I might contact hp Venezuela, which I do, I repeat the same procedure with HP Venezuela but now I add the case number from the previous unsuccessful hp USA support to speed up things, it has been a week and they haven't replied me, I already bought a new printer, also I keep the old American catridges in case they are needed, however, I today ask you, hp forum users, what should I do next? Wait? Talk in another forum? Or give up abandoning the (perfectly working, likely 100 or 200 usd used on my country) printer along with the 950xl/951xl (which costed around 200 usd) catridges to get dust? Is hp really that heartless about these cases or are there other persons with the same sad situation?

The hp number cases (just in case a hp employee or something like that) are  5046947625, for the hp usa support session and 5047145825 for the current hp Venezuela case thanks a lot for your attention and time

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JohnKCG, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, I hope they send me a message... Because hp Venezuela hasn't replied and I believe they won't, didn't know that serial codes were delicate, in printers at least, i bought a hp m479 and while it s a great printer, I don't want to lose my old but trusty printer, anyway, thanks for your attention 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.