Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 6962
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I was printing just fine all of a sudden my black ink won’t print and because my printer is out of warranty I can’t receive help from hp

Apparently there is a major problem with the Hp Officejet 6962 The black ink just completely stopped working. Yes, my printer is out of warranty but that has nothing to do with this printer obviously having a defective issue. I have had this printer for a while its always stayed boxed in the original wrapping and only brought out to be used when needed. Now it has happened to me in the past where the black ink stopped working for a day and I did the alignment cleaning, printhead cleaning, and every other thing there is on the forum to do. It's costing me more money to do testing than to figure out the problem or fix it. I have read to many forum of people having the same issues. printers don't just stop printing out of know where and they definitely don't stop printing just one color (the main color) so something needs to be done here, and apparently this printer is a problem since it is no longer sold anywhere what can be done about this problem? these are trying times and everyone is working from home and need their equipment to work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ccollier82, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ccollier82, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A link says "solved" I go to the solution and get redirected to the question. 

was printing just fine all of a sudden my black ink won’t print and because my printer is out of warranty I can’t receive help from hp

Apparently there is a major problem with the Hp Officejet 6962 The black ink just completely stopped working. Yes, my printer is out of warranty but that has nothing to do with this printer obviously having a defective issue. I have had this printer for a while its always stayed boxed in the original wrapping and only brought out to be used when needed. Now it has happened to me in the past where the black ink stopped working for a day and I did the alignment cleaning, printhead cleaning, and every other thing there is on the forum to do. It's costing me more money to do testing than to figure out the problem or fix it. I have read to many forum of people having the same issues. printers don't just stop printing out of know where and they definitely don't stop printing just one color (the main color) so something needs to be done here, and apparently this printer is a problem since it is no longer sold anywhere what can be done about this problem? these are trying times and everyone is working from home and need their equipment to work

HP Recommended

@DanielMPA Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to print black.

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application?

Have you tried printing using a different ink cartridge?

Check the ink level on your printer and replace the low ink cartridge.

Try the steps recommended below.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page, and then evaluate the results.

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

3. Open the Reports or Tools menu.

4. Touch Print Quality Report.

A Print Quality Diagnostic Page prints.

Example of the Print Quality Diagnostic Page

Also, to solve the driver issue uninstall the printer software from the root level and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features. 
Select your HP printer. 
Select Uninstall. 
In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers. 
In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.” 
Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. 
Type printui.exe /s and click OK. 
Click on Drivers tab. 
Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom. 
Select OK. 
Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows. 
Close Devices and Printers. 

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about color or black ink not printing issues. Click Here

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I have tried every solution I could find from HP support forum, so far none have resolved the issue. Don’t want to waste my time and newly purchased ink, bought a new printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.