Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi can I get some advice I am trying to print a 10"x10" square design and have cut the paper to size but can't configure the printer to pick that size, I click paper/quality - advanced but it will only give me the list of pre set sizes I know in the past I've set it up for a custom size and saved it but can not remember how to do this.

I have clicked in devices and printers from Microsoft start menu right clicked the printer icon but still not getting anywhere.

I am sure someone on here knows how to resolve this your all so knowledgeable about these things 😀 TIA Jo

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow 'Create custom paper sizes in Windows > Create custom paper sizes from Devices and Printers' below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03890386

On the printer, when closing the tray, be sure to select Custom as the paper size for the printer, else it will fail.

Additionally, be sure to select the created custom size and the specific tray from your computer before printing.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi It does not give me that option - it only has advanced button not custom and you can not add custom paper sizes from Advance, I have a laser printer that you can create (up to A4) any size you want but not with this printer!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Be sure to follow the Create custom paper sizes from Devices and Printers section as listed in my previous post, you would need to create the custom size first in the Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Print Server Properties, bot in your printer driver

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.